Penoplasty is a surgery done to increase the penis size by increasing either the length, girth (width) or both. Currently, Penuma is the only penis enlargement surgery approved by the Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) 510(k) regulation for penile augmentation.
Read on to learn more about how it works, what the risks are, and whether it’s proven to be successful.
The Penuma is a medical silicone injected under the penis skin to make the penis longer and wider. The two types of tissues that shapes the penis are the following:
- Corpus cavernosa. These are two cylindrical tissues that run parallel to each other along the top of the penis.
- Corpus spongiosum. This is one cylindrical tissue that runs along the bottom of the penis and surrounds the urethra.
The andrologist in Dubai designs the Penuma to fit the penis shape exactly. It’s then implanted into the shaft over the corpus cavernosa, like a sheath. This is performed through an incision in the groin area, above the base of the penis. The procedure stretches the skin and tissues of the penis to make it look and feel larger.
Successful patients have reported enlargement in length and girth of about 1.5 to 2.5 inches, both while flaccid and erect.
The average size of the penis is about 3.6 inches long (3.7 inches in girth) when flaccid and 5.2 inches long (4.6 inches in girth) when erect.
The penis enlargement surgery could increase the size up to a length of 6.1 inches when flaccid and 7.7 inches when erect.
Things To Consider Before Getting the Surgery:
Below are key facts on the penis enlargement surgery;
- The procedure will require circumcision.
- It is a one-day surgical process.
- After the surgery, you won’t be allowed to drive for a few weeks.
- The procedure generally takes 45 minutes to an hour to complete.
- Your andrologist/surgeon will use general anaesthesia to keep you asleep during the procedure.
- A follow-up visit is required two to three days after the surgery.
- You may experience swelling in the penis for a few weeks after the surgery.
- You’ll need to abstain from masturbation and sexual activity for about six weeks.
Patients may experience pain and loss of sensation during the first few weeks, but these are temporary and will disappear after the recovery period. However, if the pain is severe and intolerable, it’s best to consult with your andrology doctor.
Is the procedure always successful?
Before getting the procedure done, make sure to discuss realistic expectations with your surgeon or andrology doctor so you can be informed about the whole process and expected results.
The success rate of the surgery is high. In fact, the Journal of Sexual Medicine conducted a study evaluating 400 men who underwent the penis enlargement procedure. The study found that 81 percent rated their satisfaction with their results at least “high” or “very high” resulting in boosted levels of self-confidence.
If you’re concerned about the length and girth of your penis, it’s best to see an andrologist in a medical center in Dubai. The andrologist will be able to recommend both surgical or nonsurgical treatment options that can help achieve your desired result.